I offer a range of publishing services, including line/copy editing, proofreading, formatting ebooks and paperbacks for KDP and Ingram Spark, and cover design for KDP. I offer reductions if a client needs more than one service (for instance, a proofread, formatting, and cover design.)
Here are a few testimonials…
Liz’s publishing services are excellent. As an author herself she has an intuitive understanding of the needs and anxieties of authors. Her expertise and suggestions, her eye for detail and creative flair brought the final version of my novel The Wounds of Time to a level I had not anticipated. Her forbearance, enthusiasm and helpfulness made the whole experience of publishing my novel a pleasure. I am delighted to recommend her unreservedly.S.L. Russell, The Wounds of Time
Liz did a great job of editing my children’s fiction book Lost at Home. She has the gift of empathy and really understood the characters thus making the book come alive. She also worked hard in producing a number of book cover designs for me to choose from. A good book cover is so important in drawing a reader in. She didn’t rush the job but gave me time to check my manuscript. I recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone who wants an expert job done. Her prices are reasonable too.Anne Jordan, Lost at Home
I am delighted to recommend Liz Carter of Capstone Publishing Services. She has given me excellent support throughout the journey of my book The Year Round towards its publication, providing unfailing care and guidance at each stage.Catherine James, The Year Round
Liz provided a thorough and detailed edit of my manuscript – for someone like me, who writes like they talk, Liz was able to make it sound smooth and professional. Highly recommended!David Sims, Creation to Crib
Here are a few covers I have designed.
- My rates are £8 per 1000 words for line editing/copy editing/proofreading. I will thoroughly check your work for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors, and make suggestions for minor changes at sentence level including changes of tense, clarity and fluidity, checks for repetition and cliches, tightening of dialogue and dialogue tags, deletion of extraneous words and phrases, comments on confusing digressions and clashing narratives at sentence level (for example, a name spelt in different ways, a description of a character changed from one page to the next), changes to improve pacing and internal consistency, and flagging of ambiguous or incorrect statements and facts. At sentence level I work with your unique voice to sharpen and improve your narrative, leaving it error-free and a pleasure to read. While you can pay editors separately for line editing, copy editing and proofreading, as they are all slightly different, I combine these styles of editing as I pass through your book for a seamless and user-friendly experience for you, using Word’s track changes function to record the changes and feed back comments.
- At present I do not offer structural/developmental editing, which is an overall, in-depth view of the book with comments on plot, structure, characterisation etc.
- Ebook formatting for KDP: <50,000 words – £40; >50,000 words – £50
- Paperback formatting for KDP: <50,000 words – £50; >50,000 words – £60
- Prices may differ if there is complex content such as images and tables. Contact me for a quote
- Cover design for KDP: £80-£100+, depending on complexity/number of stock images used. I will work closely with you to create an image you love.
- I offer reductions for packages – proofreading, formatting and design – contact me for a quote.
- Reductions available for people on income support/living with disabilities and chronic illness. Contact me for details.
As a fledgling author, entering the world of self-publishing for the first time, I can wholly recommend Liz Carter who guided me skilfully forward. She not only designed the cover, which is very eye-catching, but proof read and amended the text where required. I am very pleased with the layout of both the kindle and paperback version of my novel, “Those Restless Souls”, and have found Liz very approachable and helpful throughout the whole process – a brilliant service.Elizabeth Thompson, Those Restless Souls
For years I had a dream. Could I achieve it? Emphatically no! Not without Liz Carter’s unwavering assistance and expertise with formatting and design.Kathy Maclean, The Bay and Beyond
Liz Carter is experienced, efficient and professional. I needed someone to convert my Amazon ebook into a paperback with a new cover and a thorough proofread. Liz communicated with me regularly during the process, answering queries and making suggestions. She listened to what I wanted and worked with me to come up with a product I was happy with. The price was very reasonable for the work involved. I would have no hesitation in recommending her services.Deborah Jenkins, The Evenness of Things
I was totally delighted with the cover Liz designed for my book. Following a few consultations, drafts and edits, Liz was able to create the exact picture I had in my head, which blew me away. She also gave her wisdom and advice when required, and successfully manoeuvred the digital upload needed for publication. I can wholeheartedly recommend Liz’s skill as a cover designer. Her considered approach and attention to detail is outstanding.Dawn James, Song of the Overworld
Liz’s credentials: I have a first class degree in Education and Theology, and worked as a teacher. I am midway through a professional qualification in copy editing and proofreading, and have scored all top marks so far. When I look after a book I like to catch the vision for it, to listen to the author, to hear what you really want and who your book is aimed towards. I will go above and beyond for you, checking at every step and producing high quality files.
Do contact me here to find out more.